Learning from Kangana Ranaut's practical and imitable styles

Leave a Comment
I read somewhere lately that majority of the human population on the earth is average. Which from whatever maths  I can remember from my engineering days should be true if we apply principles of Gaussian distribution. So with majority of population on the earth being average, majority of the days in our lives are also average. These days could involve us just shuttling between work and home or going out for dinners, weddings or shopping for day-to-day things. Rare are the days when we wear a lavish gown or a saree which aims to look like it came from Sabyasachi's studio. While we take extra care of these "rare" days, we often take the majority average days where we just need to step out for "nothing fancy" for granted. I for one like to dress up everytime I step out. And by dress up I don't mean something flashy, but something which tells me that I am putting some thought into how I look today. I read somewhere, "People are going to look. Lets make it worth their while". And I say, why not?

So what is the first step to getting ideas to put together a look which shows the effort you have put in your "an average day" look as well? I would love to say, "Checking out enigmatic's blog", but truth be told, its the celebrities in movies, public appearances and magazines we look at for inspiration. Some of you might not agree with me because more often that not, what the tinsel town wears is very aspirational and impractical. But I think there are some who are inspirational in a practical sort of way.  Kangana Ranaut is one such actress who from the very beginning has always been able to team up very practical clothes into very stylish yet perfect for an average day outing outfits.

There are some I especially like.


A shopping and dinner date:
Simple printed kurta with a long skirt and bag

A shopping date with friends or Friday office wear:
White shirt with knee length flared skirt and brogues

An outing with parents or relatives or just any outing on a summer day:
Extra long airy kurtaa with palazzos and punjabi jutti

A sudden invitation to attend a formal dinner or a lazy morning for office:
Silk embroidered kurta

A cousin's sangeet or a friend's marriage:
Silk flared long skirt with crop top

A romantic date:
Black raw silk dress with some pearls

A different blouse:
Boat necked with half sleeves

A formal function:
Formals in a color other than black, blue, grey

I have always looked forward to her movies even before she became Queen or Tanu. Because with movies come promotions and with promotions come more of Kangana Ranaut's amazing choice of practical styles. And she is one of those rare actresses who repeats her accessories, clothes (in different combinations), shoes etc.

I hope she comes up with more such styles.

Source of all photos: Google images
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment